In Canada, “alcohol is by far the most common substance used by youth and binge drinking is common. Cannabis (marijuana) is the second most common substance used by Canadian youth. Cannabis use is now more common than cigarette smoking among students” (CCSA 7).
Create a presentation that takes the form of either a pamphlet, newsletter, PowerPoint presentation, or website that will educate others on substance use and abuse prevention. Choose either alcohol or marijuana. Your assignment should include the following areas:
- Canadian statistics regarding use and any other relevant statistics (at least 3).
- Consequences of use and abuse.
- Signs of use and abuse.
- 3 use prevention strategies for youth. What will help youth refrain from using this substance?
- 3 credible website references for information regarding your substance.
- 3 community resources for information and assistance regarding substance use/abuse.
- Any other information you believe is relevant.
Your presentation should be well organized and visually pleasing. Include pictures and/or clipart (be careful that any images you use are copyright free and appropriate for sharing in school).
Use the addresses below to email your assignment to the appropriate teacher. Please keep a copy of your assignment until the end of the course.
To email your assignment to Mr. Loeppky, send it to .
To email your assignment to Mr. Shaw, send it to .