In this lesson, you have learned about the qualities and skills of effective leaders, leadership styles, roles of leaders, and you have explored your own leadership style. Select an article or chapter/book about a person who is considered to be an effective leader within today’s society. Using the knowledge and terminology you have gained, complete an analysis using the points below. Your assignment should be written in paragraph form, 1 ½ to 2 pages in length, 12 point font using your word processing program.
Your assignment should include:
- A brief biography of the individual.
- Accomplishments of the individual.
- Personal qualities and skills of the individual relating to their success as a leader.
- Their impact on team development.
- Why you chose this individual.
- Bibliography of the book or article (web address if applicable).
- Pat Riley – NBA basketball coach and author of “The Winner Within: A Life Plan for Team Players”.
- Barack Obama – President of the United States
- Oprah Winfrey – Media Personality
- Bobby Knight – NCAA and Olympic basketball coach. Book: “A Season on the Brink”.
Complete your assignment using Microsoft Word and save it. Use the addresses below to email your assignment to the appropriate teacher. Please keep a copy of your assignment until the end of the course.
To email your assignment to Mr. Loeppky, send it to .
To email your assignment to Mr. Shaw, send it to .